Friday, April 17, 2009

Facebook

Well, if you haven't joined Facebook, the time to try it is now. I thought it was just for "kids" but my son, Rob, encouraged me to join and I'm lovin' it...like a fast-paced blog. Took me a little while to figure out all of the features but I'm having fun now!
Since I joined Facebook I have use the "friend finder" and located: 1. the boy who took me to the "King Bruin Dance" - my first semi-formal - in 9th grade 2. a best friend from high school, 3. former college classmates 4. long-lost relatives (Hi Brian, Lynn, Kathy...) and 5. lots of teachers I have worked with at various school over the years.
I've also taken some of the hundreds of silly quizzes on Facebook revealing all sorts of strange information about myself like : 1. the Wizard of Oz character I am most like is...Dorothy! 2. the Beatle I am most like is Yoko Ono (?) 3. my personality type is EFSJ (look it up...Carl Jung), 4. if I were a vegetable, I would be a carrot, and 5. if I were a Krispy Kreme donut I would be Original Frosted. Where else can you get information like that about yourself for free???
As if that's not all, I can send virtual gifts to my friends like 1. an Amato's Italian sandwich from Maine to my cousins 2. sushi to Rob 3. yarn to my fibre-college friend, Astrig 4. crazy cat photos to my sisters 5. a bedpan to an OT I work with, and 6. a Margarita to Nancy to drink on the beach in Aruba...again, all for free:-)
I was feeling pretty cool about all this until I read an article on line entitled, "What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Mother Was On Facebook?" All I can say is...to grown kids everywhere: "Deal with it! Sometimes...Mom's just gotta have fun!"
p.s. In case you'd like to join Facebook, here's the link...hope you'll be my "friend" if you do!
http://www.facebook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment