- Ovarian cancer is the deadliest cancer of the female reproductive system and fifth most deadly cancer for women because there is no early detection test and no cure.
- Each year approximately 22,000 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer and about 15,000 women will die from the disease.
- When detected and treated early, the five year survival is greater than 90%. But, fewer than 20% of women are diagnosed in the early stages of ovarian cancer because the symptoms are often overlooked or misdiagnosed.
- Until there is a reliable early detection test, awareness of ovarian cancer symptom is a woman's best defense.
- pelvic or abdominal pain
- difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency)
- Know your Body!
- Know the Symptoms!
- Help Spread the Word!
- Wear Teal ( the color for ovarian cancer) during the month of September!
Teal there is a cure,