Sunday, July 19, 2009

Camping in Franconia

On Sunday, July 12th, I headed up to Franconia, NH to meet Hank and our grandson, Brian, for a week at Fransted Family Campground. I went a day late so that I could attend the family reunion at Moody Beach on the 11th. On the way up, on Rt. 302 just past the Mount Washington Hotel, I pulled my car over and chased down this moose for a photo; the moose was cool with it but I was exhausted by the time I caught up with her. I want to post this photo because I ran a long way for it!

It was a good week to read by the stream...


...while Hank and Brian battled the rapids on their River Rats!


Our campsite was right on the river so it was perfect...good R & R after a busy school year. The best thing about camping? Once you're set up, you don't have to DO anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment