Friday, May 14, 2010

Images from room 574

Nancy and Ruby, the therapy dog, visit on Thursday...

Mom visited Nancy on Thursday. (Mom is recovering from a fall and will not be thrilled that I posted her photos with her bruises...sorry, Mom!)

sleeping like a baby (a baby with a Tab...)

sign on the wall of the Gibson Unit at MMC...

flowers from John Mullen, Rob & Tomo, Mom and the LaJoies...

Teal roses from Aaron and "Hope" from Andi...
I came home from MMC late this afternoon to get a shower and some sleep; Nancy's daughter-in-law, Erin, is staying with Nancy tonight. (I must have been tired because I just woke up from my "nap" and am posting this at midnight. The circadian rhythm sure does get messed up when you're on hospital time.)
Nancy started off Friday strong but by late morning was having the nausea and headaches again so Dr. Small came in at about noon to check on her. The good news is that Dr. Small reports that Nancy's kidney function is now back to normal. The less good news is that some fluid may be returning to Nancy's abdomen and she still can't keep food down. Dr. Small ordered an x-ray of Nancy's abdomen, which happened this afternoon, and a CT scan of her head to try to determine the cause of the headaches. (Nancy said the doctor is really just trying to see if she has a brain and proceeded to entertain Andi and I with a complete rendition -every verse- of "If I Only Had a Brain" from her favorite movie, the Wizard of Oz.) Dr. Small also told Nancy that she would be staying in the hospital for awhile - it's clearly where she needs to be right now.

I'll post an update after I check in with Erin in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment