Monday, December 8, 2008

It's a Small World

I tend to get "into" hobbies for awhile and then drop them and move on to something else. About 7 or 8 years ago, Nancy and I got into making and furnishing dollhouses. I bought my first one on the side of the road...unfinished...for $25.00 when Robert and Kristen were little. I always intended to finish it and, eventually, I did. But then I went out and bought another one...this time at an antique shop in Bar Harbor. Since the first one was a colonial saltbox, I decided to furnish the second one, a yellow tudor, as I thought it would have looked in the 1950's. Today, they sit in my living room, mostly forgotten, except when the grandchildren come to peek in the little windows and move the furniture around when they think I'm not looking. I do enjoy decorating them for the holidays, though, and thought you would like a peek into my miniature Christmas world.

This is my first dollhouse-bought in 1978-finally finished in about 1999. Santa has landed on the roof!







The front door..ready to go sledding!









the Saltbox kitchen...







the formal living room on Christmas Eve...





the master bedroom...where "Ma in her kerchief and I in my cap have just settled down for a long winter's nap"...




"the children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads..."







My 1950's dollhouse...decked out for Christmas.









the front porch is ready to welcome tiny little guests...







and the kitchen is ready for Christmas breakfast...










"Ann's" bedroom.












Father's study...









and the living room with its tiny tree and presents...
"Merry Christmas to
all and to all a Good Night!"



No comments:

Post a Comment